Ingredients: 4 large boiled potatoes 1 teaspoon tomato paste 1 and 1/2 cups bread crumbs 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes...
Sun-Dried Sour Cherry Jam Recipe
- 1 kilogram sour cherries
- 5 cups granulated sugar
- Juice of 1/2 lemon or a pinch of citric acid
- Wash the sour cherries thoroughly and remove the pits. If you prefer, you can also leave the pits in.
- In a large cooking pot, place the cherries and add the granulated sugar. Shake and stir the cherries with the sugar. Let them sit like this for about 4-5 hours, shaking and stirring occasionally to allow them to release their juices.
- After the cherries release their juice, cook them over high heat for about 10 minutes and then reduce the heat to simmer until the syrup thickens. This will take approximately 45 minutes.
- During the cooking process, remember to skim off any foam that forms on the surface of the jam. We want our jam to have a glossy appearance, don’t we?
- Before removing the jam from the heat, add the lemon juice and boil it for another minute.
- Once the sour cherry jam is done cooking, transfer it to a large tray and cover it with a thin cloth or a fine-mesh cover. Leave it in the sun to reach the desired consistency, stirring occasionally. Depending on your preference, this can take anywhere from 2 to 4 days or more.
- Enjoy your homemade sun-dried sour cherry jam.
Recipe credit to seyma_chef.