Ingredients: Medium-sized cauliflower 1 egg 1 onion 1/2 cup flour 1 cup breadcrumbs or bread crumbs Quarter bunch of parsley...
Velibah (Potato-Filled Bazlama)
For the Dough:
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 packet instant dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4.5 – 5 cups all-purpose flour
For the Filling:
- 3 boiled potatoes
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons red pepper flakes
- In a suitable container, mix together the milk, water, and sugar.
- Add vegetable oil, salt, and gradually add the flour while kneading. Knead the dough until it becomes soft and doesn’t stick to your hands.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal pieces and roll each piece into a ball. Cover the dough balls with flour on a plate and let them rest for about 30 minutes to rise.
- For the filling, peel and dice the boiled potatoes. Place them in a pot, add water, and boil the potatoes.
- Mash the boiled potatoes and add salt and red pepper flakes. Mix well to prepare the potato filling.
- Take one of the risen dough balls and flatten it to the size of your palm. Place the potato filling in the center and spread it.
- Fold the dough to cover the filling and flip it over. Roll it out to the size of a dinner plate. Repeat this process for all the dough balls.
- Cook the flattened dough on both sides in a non-greased pan over low heat.
- After cooking, spread butter on one side of the bazlama.
- Enjoy your Velibah with the delicious potato filling!
Thanks to mutfaga.dair for the recipe.