For the Dough: 1 cup warm milk 1/2 cup warm water 1/2 cup vegetable oil 1 packet instant dry yeast...
- 500 grams ground beef (kıyma)
- 1 onion
- 2 slices of bread or bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 heaping tablespoons of semolina (irmik)
- 4 tablespoons of water
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
For the salad (Piyaz):
- 1 cup boiled kidney beans
- 1 red onion
- 1 tomato
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Olive oil
- Sumac, salt, and red pepper flakes
- In a deep bowl, combine all the ingredients for the meatballs. Mix well and knead for about 10 minutes. After kneading, lift the mixture and slam it onto the bowl at least 10 times. This step is important, so make sure to do it. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to rest.
- When you are ready to cook, take out the meatball mixture from the refrigerator. Shape it into thin, long finger-like pieces.
- Heat a non-stick pan or a cast-iron skillet without adding any additional oil. Fry the meatballs until they are cooked and golden brown on all sides.
- For the salad (Piyaz), place the boiled kidney beans in a bowl. Slice the onion julienne style, finely chop the parsley, and dice the tomatoes. Add them to the kidney beans. Mix in the olive oil, lemon juice, sumac, salt, and red pepper flakes, combining all the flavors.
- Serve the Tekirdağ Meatballs with the Piyaz salad on the side. Enjoy your delicious meal!
Recipe credit to mutfaga.dair.