Ingredients: For the Meatballs: 400g ground beef 1 egg 1/4 cup breadcrumbs 2 cloves of garlic (grated) 1 medium-sized onion...
Melt-in-Your-Mouth Crispy Savory Cookies 2
- 250 grams butter or margarine
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1 heaping tablespoon sugar
- 1 slightly heaping teaspoon salt
- About 4 cups of all-purpose flour
For Brushing on Top:
- 1 egg yolk
- A touch of molasses (about the size of a tea spoon)
- Nigella seeds
- In a bowl, mix the eggs, sugar, and instant yeast.
- Add the salt and butter, and continue to mix.
- Gradually add the flour while kneading. Add the flour carefully and aim to get a soft dough that doesn’t stick to your hands. Get the dough to a consistency that can be shaped easily.
- Take pieces of dough about the size of a large walnut, and roll them back and forth on the counter to form long ropes.
- Then, take a plastic pipette, wrap the dough around it, and then hold and pull it out of the pipette using your hands. Place the shaped cookies on a baking tray.
- Brush the top of the cookies with the egg yolk and molasses mixture, and sprinkle nigella seeds on top.
- Bake the cookies in a preheated oven at 170°C (338°F) until they turn golden brown.
- Once the cookies are done, take them out of the oven and let them cool before serving.
- Your mouthwatering, crispy, and savory cookies are ready! Enjoy!
Thanks to aysununmutfaklezzetleri for the recipe.