Ingredients: 2 cups warm milk 4 tablespoons granulated sugar 1 packet (7g) active dry yeast 1/3 cup vegetable oil 2...
Two-Tone Swirl Cookies
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 packet vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 100g chocolate (for topping)
- Pistachios (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs and granulated sugar, then beat them thoroughly.
- Add the vegetable oil and mix well.
- Add the vanilla extract and baking powder, and continue mixing.
- Gradually add the all-purpose flour and knead the mixture until it forms a dough.
- Divide the dough into two equal parts. In one part, add cocoa powder and knead until it is fully incorporated, while the other part remains plain.
- Divide each of the two doughs into two portions, and on a work surface, roll each portion into a cylindrical shape. You should end up with a total of 4 cylindrical dough pieces – 2 with cocoa and 2 without.
- Place the two different-colored cylindrical doughs on top of each other and twist them together, making sure they stick firmly to each other. This will create a two-tone swirled dough.
- Transfer the swirled dough onto a baking tray and bake in a preheated oven at 160°C (320°F) for about 40 minutes.
- Once the cookies are baked, let them cool on the tray.
- Melt the chocolate using a double boiler or microwave.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the cooled cookies and, if desired, sprinkle some crushed pistachios on top.
- Chill the cookies in the refrigerator until the chocolate sets. Once the chocolate is solid, slice the cookies into pieces and serve.
Note: Before cutting the cookies, it is recommended to let them sit at room temperature for a while to achieve a soft texture. Enjoy!
Recipe credit to Özlem Sabah.