Ingredients: For the Dough: 1/3 cup vegetable oil 1/3 cup warm milk 1/3 cup warm water 1 packet instant yeast...
Oven-Baked Stuffed Peppers with Vegetables
- 1 kg bell peppers for stuffing
- 3 large onions
- 2 large eggplants
- 2 large carrots
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1.5 tablespoons red pepper paste
- 1 cup tomato sauce or 3 grated tomatoes
- Rice (1 tablespoon per each bell pepper)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Half a bunch of parsley
- Half a bunch of fresh mint or 1 tablespoon dried mint
- Black pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- Margarine for topping
- Start by cleaning and washing the bell peppers, then set them aside.
- In a large pan, add vegetable oil and lightly sauté the diced onions until they become soft. The onions should not be fully cooked, just softened.
- Add grated carrots, eggplants, and finely chopped garlic to the pan. Sauté these vegetables nicely over low heat.
- Then, add red pepper paste and tomato sauce or grated tomatoes. Let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add rice, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Cook for a few more minutes.
- Finally, add finely chopped parsley and fresh mint. Remove from heat and cover the pan. Let it rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Once the filling is ready, stuff the bell peppers with it and place them on a baking tray.
- Cover the tops of the stuffed peppers with tomato sauce or grated tomatoes, and add a teaspoon of margarine on each one.
- Pour 1 cup of water into the bottom of the baking tray. Then, bake the stuffed peppers in a preheated oven at 180°C (350°F) for 50-55 minutes.
- Your oven-baked stuffed peppers with vegetables are ready. Enjoy your meal!
Thanks to aysununmutfaklezzetleri for the recipe.