Ingredients: 1.5 teaspoons instant yeast 1 cup warm water (200 ml) 2.5-3 cups all-purpose flour 1.5 teaspoons salt Instructions: In...
Potato Stuffed with Minced Meat
- 7 potatoes
- 200g minced meat
- 1 onion
- 1 tomato
- 1 green bell pepper
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- Quarter bunch of parsley
- Red pepper flakes, black pepper, salt
- For the Sauce:
- Half a tablespoon of tomato paste
- 1 cup of water
- In a pan, start browning the minced meat. Add 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil and continue to sauté. Add the diced onion and sauté until it becomes translucent. Then, add the sliced green bell pepper and grated garlic, and continue to sauté.
- Add the tomato paste and diced tomatoes to the pan. Season with red pepper flakes, black pepper, and salt. Cook for another 6-7 minutes and then remove from heat.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them in half. Hollow out the centers of the potatoes using a teaspoon (don’t throw away the scooped-out potato flesh; you can use it to make gözleme or börek).
- Lightly fry the hollowed potatoes on both sides in a little oil. Sprinkle with some salt and arrange them on a baking tray. Fill the hollowed part of each potato with the minced meat filling. Place a tomato and bell pepper slice on top of each filled potato.
- Prepare the sauce by mixing tomato paste and water. Pour the sauce over the stuffed potatoes.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F), and bake the stuffed potatoes covered with moistened parchment paper for about 30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
Once the potatoes are soft and cooked through, your Potato Stuffed with Minced Meat is ready to serve. Enjoy your meal!
Recipe courtesy of yemek_kelebegi.