Ingredients: For the Cake: 4 eggs (at room temperature) 1 cup sugar A pinch of salt Half a cup of...
- 2 cups red lentils
- 2.5 cups warm water
- 1 medium-sized potato
- 1 onion (grated)
- 2 cloves of garlic (grated)
- 1/2 bunch of dill
- 1/2 bunch of parsley
- Salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
- Rinse the lentils thoroughly. Place them in a deep bowl and add 2.5 cups of warm water. Let the lentils soak in the water for about 2 hours until they absorb the water and become soft.
- After the soaking time, blend the lentils until you get a smooth paste.
- Grate the potato and onion. Squeeze out the excess water from the grated potato and onion and add them to the lentil paste.
- Finely chop the dill and parsley, and grate the garlic. Add them to the lentil mixture.
- Season the mixture with salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, and dried oregano. Also, add the tomato paste and mix everything thoroughly.
- Heat some vegetable oil in a frying pan. Take a spoonful of the lentil mixture and drop it into the hot oil. Flatten it slightly with the back of the spoon. Fry the lentil fritters until they are golden brown on both sides.
- Once all the lentil fritters are fried, remove them from the oil and place them on a paper towel to absorb any excess oil.
- Serve the mercimek mücveri with a side of yogurt. Enjoy your delicious and nutritious lentil fritters!
Recipe credit to mutfaga.dair.