Ingredients: For the Dough: 1 cup water 1 cup all-purpose flour 100g margarine 3 large eggs (at room temperature) A...
Never Dispersing Bulgur Meatballs with Sauce
- 2 cups fine bulgur
- 2 cups hot water
- 2 eggs
- 3 cloves grated garlic
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon red pepper paste
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 leveled teaspoon cumin
For the Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3 tomatoes, grated or tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon red pepper paste
- For the bulgur köfte, take the bulgur into a suitable bowl and pour the hot water over it, then close the lid. Let the bulgur soak and swell for 10-15 minutes. Then, add the eggs, grated garlic, flour, red pepper paste, salt, and spices, and knead the mixture. If it’s too stiff, you can add a little water.
- Slightly wet your hands and roll small pieces of the köfte mixture into tiny balls. Sprinkle a bit of flour on the plate or tray where you put the köftes so that they don’t stick to each other. Boil the köftes in boiling salted water for 15-20 minutes. (The köftes will float on the surface when they’re cooked.) Once boiled, take the köftes out and drain them thoroughly.
- In a separate pan, add vegetable oil and sauté the garlic lightly without burning it. Add the grated tomatoes and cook for 1-2 minutes. Then, add the red pepper paste and continue sautéing. Finally, add the köftes and stir-fry them. Remove from the heat and sprinkle some parsley on top. You can serve them with garlic yogurt if you like. Bon appétit!
Thanks to aysununmutfaklezzetleri for the recipe.