Ingredients: For the Dough: 2 eggs (separate 1 yolk for brushing the pastries) 2 cups plain yogurt (220 ml cup)...
Ice Cream Cookies
- 250g margarine (at room temperature)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder (for the other half of the dough)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- All-purpose flour (add as needed, the dough should be soft)
For the topping:
- White chocolate (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients except for the cocoa powder and flour. Mix well until everything is incorporated.
- Gradually add the flour, while mixing, until you achieve a soft dough consistency. The dough should not be too firm.
- Divide the dough into two equal parts and place each part in a separate bowl. Add the cocoa powder to one of the bowls and knead until the cocoa is fully integrated into the dough.
- Take small portions of each dough (like scooping ice cream) and place them side by side in the same bowl to create a marbled effect.
- Using an ice cream scoop or your hands, shape the dough into cookie-sized balls and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the cookies in a preheated oven at 170 degrees Celsius (340 degrees Fahrenheit) until they are fully cooked. The baking time may vary, but it should take about 12-15 minutes.
- Once the cookies are baked and cooled, you can optionally drizzle melted white chocolate over them and sprinkle some crushed pistachios for decoration.
- Allow the chocolate to set before serving. Enjoy your delicious ice cream cookies!
Recipe credit to yemek_kelebegi.