Ingredients: For the Dough: 2 eggs (separate 1 yolk for brushing the pastries) 2 cups plain yogurt (220 ml cup)...
- 50g butter (3.5 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 2 cups water
- 2.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons semolina
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 eggs
For the Syrup:
- 3 cups sugar
- 2.5 cups water
- 1 slice of lemon
- For the syrup, combine sugar, water, and lemon slice in a suitable pot. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Once the sugar is dissolved and it starts to boil, reduce the heat and let it simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and let it cool.
- In another pot, add water, butter, sugar, and salt. When the butter melts and the water starts to boil, add the flour. Stir continuously to achieve the right consistency. Cook the mixture for about 5 minutes while stirring.
- Transfer the mixture to a separate bowl and let it cool. After it cools down, add one egg and use a mixer to combine it with the dough. Add the second egg and mix again. Finally, add the third egg along with the cornstarch and semolina. Mix until everything is well incorporated.
- Put the dough into a piping bag. In a frying pan, heat some oil. Pipe the dough into the frying pan in the shape of rings. Turn on the heat and fry the rings on both sides until they are golden brown. To ensure crispiness, it’s better to cook them slowly.
- Once the rings are golden and crispy, remove them from the pan and immediately place them in the cold syrup. Let them soak in the syrup for about 1 minute.
- Transfer the dessert to a serving plate and garnish with pistachios. You can now serve your delicious ring dessert. Enjoy!
Recipe credit to mutfaga.dair.