Ingredients 4 eggs 1.5 cups of granulated sugar Half a glass of yogurt 150 grams of butter (let’s melt and...
Classic Baklava Recipe
- 100 grams of softened butter or margarine at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons yogurt
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- A pinch of salt
- 3 cups flour
For the syrup:
- 4.5 cups sugar
- 5.5 cups water
- A piece of lemon
- 1 cup measurement = 200 ml
- 1 tea cup measurement = 125 ml
- For rolling out the baklava, you can use wheat starch or cornstarch. You can pour 250 grams of melted butter or, if desired, add a cup of vegetable oil. You can use walnuts, hazelnuts, or pistachios as the filling between the layers. The amount mentioned for the filling is around 300 grams, but you can increase it according to your preference.
- For the syrup, combine the sugar and water in a saucepan. Add a piece of lemon and bring it to a boil. Once it boils, remove from heat and let it cool.
- For the dough, place the softened butter or margarine in a bowl. Add the egg and mix. Add the vegetable oil, milk, water, yogurt, vinegar, and salt, and mix well. Finally, add the flour and knead until the dough comes together. Cover the dough and let it rest.
- Roll out the rested dough thinly on a surface dusted with starch. Place the rolled dough into a baklava tray. Brush melted butter or vegetable oil between each layer. Sprinkle the filling on top and continue the process of rolling out the dough. Place the final layer on top and slice the baklava.
- Bake the sliced baklava in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius (356 degrees Fahrenheit) until the top turns golden brown. Remove the baked baklava from the oven and let it cool.
- Pour the cooled syrup over the cooled baklava. Let it rest for a while to absorb the syrup.
Thank you to @bera.tatlidunyasi for the recipe.