Ingredients: For the Meatballs: 400g ground beef 1 egg 1/4 cup breadcrumbs 2 cloves of garlic (grated) 1 medium-sized onion...
Tahini and Walnut Baklava
For the Syrup:
- 3 cups of sugar
- 3 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 4 heaping tablespoons of unsweetened peanut butter
- 300 grams of tahini (sesame paste)
- 500 grams of walnuts, chopped
For the Pastry:
- 320 grams of butter
- 1 packet of baklava pastry sheets
- To make the syrup, combine water and sugar in a saucepan. Stir until it boils, then add lemon juice and simmer on low heat for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let the syrup cool down.
- Melt the butter over high heat and set aside.
- Grind the walnuts in a food processor.
- In a large bowl, mix the unsweetened peanut butter and tahini until well combined.
- Remove the baklava pastry sheets from the package and place them between a damp cloth.
- Grease the bottom of a baking dish with butter.
- Take one sheet of pastry and brush 1.5 tablespoons of melted butter over it using a pastry brush. Repeat the process with two more sheets, making a total of three layers.
- Leaving about one finger-width gap at the short end of the last sheet, spread 3 tablespoons of the tahini mixture along the width of the sheet.
- Sprinkle chopped walnuts over the tahini mixture.
- Fold the dry end of the pastry over the filling, making a tightly rolled log.
- Use a knife to cut the roll into smaller slices.
- Arrange the slices in the greased baking dish, side by side.
- Repeat the process with the rest of the pastry sheets until the baking dish is filled.
- Brush the remaining melted butter over the top of the pastry.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C and bake the baklava for 45 minutes until golden brown.
- Let the baklava rest for 5-10 minutes on the counter, then pour the cooled syrup over it using a ladle.
- Let the baklava rest for 2 hours, and it will be ready to serve.
Enjoy your delicious Tahini and Walnut Baklava!
Thanks to aysununmutfaklezzetleri for the recipe.