Ingredients: 250g butter or margarine (at room temperature) 1 packet of active dry yeast 2.5 cups warm water 4 tablespoons...
Stuffed Bell Pepper Köfte
- 400g ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 medium-sized onion (grated)
- 2 cloves of garlic (grated)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper paste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 medium-sized red bell pepper (finely diced)
- 1 green bell pepper (finely diced)
- 4-5 sprigs of parsley (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a deep bowl, combine all the ingredients for the köfte (ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, grated onion, grated garlic, salt, red pepper paste, black pepper, paprika, ground cumin, diced red bell pepper, diced green bell pepper, and chopped parsley). Knead the mixture well. The more you knead and rest the köfte, the more flavorful it will be.
- Cover the köfte mixture with plastic wrap and let it rest in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- After resting, shape the köfte mixture into small oval patties.
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan over medium heat. Cook the köfte patties on both sides until they are fully cooked and golden brown.
- Serve the köfte with roasted green bell peppers and tomatoes, if desired. You can also serve them on a plate with lavash bread.
Recipe courtesy of yemek_kelebegi.