Ingredients: 7 potatoes 200g minced meat 1 onion 1 tomato 1 green bell pepper 3 cloves of garlic 1 teaspoon...
Rose Borek (Delicious Flavor with Special Sauce)
- 5 sheets of phyllo dough (depending on the size of your baking tray)
- For the filling:
- 7-8 potatoes
- 2 onions
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Vegetable oil
- Black pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- For sprinkling on top:
- Sesame seeds
- Nigella seeds (black cumin)
- Let’s start by preparing the filling. Peel and dice the potatoes, then boil them until they are soft. Mash the boiled potatoes and add the spices (thyme, mint, black pepper, red pepper flakes, and salt) to the mixture. Mix well and set aside.
- Finely chop the onions and sauté them in vegetable oil until they become translucent. Add the tomato paste and stir until well combined. Mix the sautéed onions with the mashed potatoes, and let it rest for 4-5 minutes.
- Cut one sheet of phyllo dough into 4 triangular pieces. Take one triangular piece and brush the special sauce on it. On the wider side of the triangle, spread a portion of the prepared filling lengthwise. Roll it like a cylinder and form it into a rose shape by twisting one end.
- Repeat this process with the remaining phyllo dough and filling until all the ingredients are used up. Place the prepared rose boreks on a greased baking tray.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Brush the remaining sauce on top of the boreks. Sprinkle sesame seeds and nigella seeds on top of each borek.
- Bake the rose boreks in the preheated oven for about 35-40 minutes or until they become golden brown.
- Serve the delicious rose boreks as a delightful snack or appetizer.
Enjoy your homemade Rose Borek!
Recipe courtesy of yemek_kelebegi.