Ingredients: 250g margarine (at room temperature) 1/3 cup vegetable oil 4 tablespoons cornstarch 1 cup powdered sugar 2 tablespoons cocoa...
Chickpea and Zucchini Flavor Balls
- 3 medium-sized zucchinis (about half a kilo)
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 handful of dill
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
- Process the cooked chickpeas and garlic in a food processor until well blended.
- Grate the zucchinis and squeeze out any excess water. Place them in a large bowl.
- Add the processed chickpeas and garlic to the grated zucchinis in the bowl.
- Add the spices to the mixture and then finely chop the dill and the bell peppers. Add them to the bowl as well.
- Gradually add the all-purpose flour to the mixture while kneading it. Be mindful of the amount of flour and don’t add too much. The mixture should start to take shape.
- Grease your hands slightly with oil and give the mixture a desired shape.
- Place the shaped mixture on a plate lined with plastic wrap (cling film) and let it rest in the freezer for about 15 minutes to firm up.
- Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan. Fry the balls in hot oil until they turn golden brown.
- While frying, use a toothpick to make a few holes in the balls to ensure even cooking inside.
- Serve the flavor balls with yogurt. Enjoy your delicious Chickpea and Zucchini Flavor Balls!
Recipe credit to seyma_chef.