Ingredients 5-6 potatoes chili pepper oregano Red powdered pepper black pepper salt liquid oil Instructions We chop the potatoes and...
Butter Flaky Pastry Recipe
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1 cup water
- Half a cup of vegetable oil
- 2 eggs (one yolk separated)
- 1.5 tablespoons sugar
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
- Half a teaspoon of mahlab (a spice)
- Approximately 6 cups of flour
- Half a packet of fresh yeast To spread in between:
- Approximately 200 grams of butter
- Mix the liquid ingredients, salt, sugar, and yeast. Gradually add flour and knead until you obtain a dough with a soft consistency, similar to an earlobe.
- Cover the dough and let it rise.
- Take pieces of the risen dough, about the size of a mandarin, and shape them into balls. Arrange them on a tray and place approximately 2 teaspoons of butter on top of each ball. You can also spread butter while rolling out the dough. Keep the dough in a cool oven until it rises slightly to prevent drying. Then, roll out each ball into an oval shape, about the size of a dessert plate, along with the butter on top.
- Alternatively, you can spread softened butter on the dough.
- Starting from one end, roll the dough into a spiral. Squeeze and stretch it a bit with your hands, and twist it a few times.
- Place the rolls on a greased baking tray. Brush the tops with egg yolk.
- Put the tray in the oven and let the rolls rise again until they double in size.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and bake the rolls until they turn golden brown.
- Wrap the baked rolls in a cotton cloth. Once they have cooled, store them in an airtight container.
Thanks to cahidesultan.net for the recipe.